Crash Statistics for 2013
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recently published 2013 crash statistics. In their publication “2013 Motor Vehicle Crashes, Overview”, NHTSA details passenger vehicle crashes, light truck crashes, large truck crashes, motorcycle crashes and pedestrian crashes that occurred in the U.S.
- There were 32,719 total traffic fatalities, a decrease of 3% from 2012.
- There were 4,668 motorcyclist fatalities, a decrease of 6% from 2012.
- There were 4,818 pedestrian fatalities, a decrease of 3% from 2012.
- There were 743 bicyclist fatalities, an increase of 1% from 2012.
- There were 2,313,000 people injured in crashes, a decrease of 2% from 2012.
830 Engineering is a forensic engineering firm that completes motorcycle crash investigations, motorcycle crash reconstruction, vehicle crash investigations and vehicle crash reconstruction. Erin Higinbotham, P.E. is a motorcycle expert and vehicle expert.